Join Our Team
We’re a family-owned strategic communications firm with a rich legacy and an ambitious vision: To be essential problem solvers and partners to the world’s most innovative and interesting people and organizations.
We Are Rubenstein
Meet the talented and unique individuals of Rubenstein.
Welcome to Rubenstein. Welcome to your career.
Gain incredible experience.
With a roster of 400 clients representing leaders and groundbreakers across industries, we work on some of the most interesting projects imaginable – from life-saving scientific research to celebrity red carpet events to complex global crises. You’ll learn about every facet of the communications business.
Work with smart and interesting people.
Our colleagues are the best in the business – smart, talented, and thoughtful. As proud as we are of our reputation for quality, we’re profoundly appreciative of our culture of camaraderie. You’ll find great working relationships and lifelong friendships among people who have shared professional successes as well as personal triumphs. In fact, nearly a third of our senior staff started their careers here and continue to grow with the company.
Exercise your creativity.
Whether you’re a financial publicist with a passion for the arts, or an entertainment publicist with a background in tech, you’ll have opportunities to combine your core skill set with your passions and work alongside people who inspire you. Our culture is entrepreneurial; we love people who have great ideas and want to pursue them. Our office is custom-built for the kind of collaboration that fuels great work.
Learn. Grow. Succeed.
Clients hire us for the depth of our insight, the wisdom of our counsel, and the quality of our work – all products of our people. So we take your professional development seriously. Our corporate structure fosters growth through well-defined career pathways and feedback at every level. We run a robust education program that includes strategy courses, digital workshops, technical skills-building, and a speaker series. And we’re committed to your personal wellbeing, from the generous benefits we offer to the ongoing healthy lifestyle initiatives we sponsor. As a family business, this comes through in how we celebrate work and life milestones – always with a personal touch.
Have fun and give back.
Across the firm and within your group, you’ll find ways to connect with your colleagues and have fun – monthly happy hours and bagel breakfasts, team outings, and company-wide fitness challenges are just a few. We also find time to give back through initiatives like coat and backpack drives, youth mentorship days, and pro bono work.
Rubenstein is hiring! We are seeking talented professionals to join our team for the positions below.
Rubenstein is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide support for senior executives in two of the firm’s divisions.
The ideal candidate is discreet, trustworthy and personable, and will have administrative experience in a corporate setting and specific, demonstrable capabilities, including: superlative detail-orientation, the ability to juggle many tasks in a deadline driven environment, heavy calendar management and phone work for senior leadership, flawless coordination of travel arrangements including all pre-travel prep and post-travel evaluation across multiple time zones, excellent organizational skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, a strong aptitude for Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and a strong acumen for internet research and social media.
In addition to mastery of general administrative assignments, the successful candidate will be instrumental in the groups to organize all facets of their day-to-day activities.
- Answer incoming calls and field requests, as needed; maintain phone/call logs for Senior Vice Presidents, Executive Vice Presidents and Managing Directors
- Handle all meeting and calendar scheduling
- Greet and escort guests to conference rooms; ensuring proper set-up in advance
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Manage administrative tasks such as making copies and preparing documents for internal and external meetings
- Conduct research and information gathering for meetings and presentations, as directed
- Compile departmental weekly reports and submit to senior management each Friday
- Track executives’ expenses; submit and reconcile expense reports
- Maintain a schedule of all vacation, personal, sick and work from home time for each member of the group that is regularly relayed to Human Resources
- Develop a deep understanding of Rubenstein’s business and procedures
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail
- Able to anticipate the needs of the senior executives; exercise sound judgement and take initiative
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency and a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures
- Be news savvy and up-to-date on current events
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations; able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative and energetic personality
- Resourcefulness; capacity for problem solving
- Social media savvy; knowledge of different media-related digital platforms a plus
- Poised and polished; can interact comfortably with c-suite, celebrity, high-level media
- Full proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Demonstrates discretion and the utmost respect for confidentiality
- Team player and customer service oriented; ready, willing and able to make the lives of senior executives easier by improving process and increasing efficiency
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience supporting a senior level executive required
- Prior administrative experience in a public relations agency or in a professional services environment is helpful
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check. Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.